Thursday, December 20, 2007

"This will hurt me more than it will hurt you."

So yesterday I finally realized what those famous words my dad always said to me before he gave me a spanking. I mean I was the one who was bad (except for that one time JAMES) and I was the one who was gonna get me butt smacked with the belt,paddle,wodden spoon or a hand. Well, I never understood it until yesterday...I felt like I was the worst person in the world.
YESTERDAY...We took Mya for her "Healthy Child" checkup and it includes getting shots. Well, Mya and I were there hanging out and the nurse came in with the paper work for me to sign...it's obviously a standard form because one of the questions was, Is the person recieving the vacination pregnant? Well da...NO,not now or ever. Any ways, I had to sign my name on her shot chart, 6 times,not good, I didn't know they ever had that many shots...I am certain I didn't get allof the shots she will in her lifetime. Ok, so they final came in with the stuff, 3 nurses, and they said, "WHO'S HOLDING HER DOWN?"
Well, that was my job,I got to hold down her arms. One nurse held down her legs and there was a nurse on either side of her. They counted 3...2...1 and all I saw was Mya's big blue eyes looking at me saying, "How can you let them do this to me?" She got 4 shots, 2 in each leg...Now I can say, "dad...I think I understand how you felt."

Love Ya...

1 comment:

Heather said...

It was rough on us too... Jamie was always the one to hold Trever...

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Love,
Heather