Monday, May 08, 2006

Busy in Colby...

So it’s been really busy in Colby…and it doesn’t seem like it is going to slow down. Here’s what has been going on…
I have been playing the role of Senior Pastor and Youth Pastor for the last couple of days. Pastor Gene and Joy went to OWU to see their daughter Wendy graduate, and that left me in charge. Thankfully it has been a pretty quite week…although we did have a baby born on Thursday. Her name is MiKayla Shae…and yes she is a cutie, oh by the way, yes I did hold her yesterday.
I got the privilege of preaching Sunday morning…I preached on the book of Jonah. It wasn’t my best sermon ever, but it wasn’t the worst one I have ever given either. I didn’t really get it into my head how I wanted to, and supposedly my microphone wasn’t on either…I don’t know, it was ok.
Joel was here for a few hours; he was on his way home on leave for a couple of weeks. He just finished his training in El Paso, Texas. He is going to be going to Korea for at least six months… for those of you who didn’t know, they believe the octopus is a delicate thing to eat…ALIVE!!! Yum, Yum Joel…enjoy!!
Oh yeah, Becky is graduating this Saturday from Colby Community College, her mom and Grandma are coming out for a couple of days, we are both really excited about it!!! She has one more project to get done; I probably would still have about 13 projects to do if it was I graduating again.
We are looking forward to our Missions Trip, I am excited if you couldn’t tell, by now of how many teens are going on the trip with us!! One last thing…we will be putting more pictures of our house in a couple of weeks…Until then…Love Ya Lots…

No comments: