Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spiritual Retreat #2

Monday Morning…the boys decided that we needed to wake up at the crack of dawn, at 6 A.M. they were up and being loud. I walked downstairs and went into their room and said two words, Shut Up! Then I went back to bed until 7:30.
When we got up again it was time for breakfast, we had a list for who helped with the meals and they went to work making frenchtoast and sausage!!! After eating and cleaning up breakfast, I gave the teens 30 minutes to finish working on their questions for the morning.
We started with songs of worship and then we got down to business…I started off my lesson with telling them about their Youth Pastor. I told them all about myself and my call into the ministry. I think I spoke for about 45 minutes and asked them a few questions. After I was done talking, I gave them some free time to think about who they truly are, with their family, friends, teachers, and with me and their youth group. I asked them to think about who they want to become and who God is calling them to be.
After our lesson, we were supposed to go into town and get lunch and then proceed to go ice-skating. It had snowed most of the night and we didn’t know how the roads would be, if we could get into town or not. So Mike and I went down the mountain, we made it down but the road was still bad so we weren’t going to try it. That showed us another problem…we had planned to have two meals in town, now we didn’t have enough food/meals to eat. Becky and I thought about that before so we brought extra bread incase we had to make sandwiches. The only problem to that is the fact that I left the two packages of cheese in the back of our car in Colby. Fortunately there is a restaurant at the bottom of the hill, unfortunately they aren’t open on Mondays. We ended up making 7 grilled cheese sandwiches and found 2 boxes of Macaroni and Cheese that we made for lunch, everybody was satisfied.
I thought staying in the cabin would bore the teens, but actually it was probably the best thing for them. They all found things to do like read a book, take a nap, play board games, and some of us went outside and played in the snow by having a snowball fight. It was an awesome afternoon of just hanging out and having fun…

No comments: