Friday, October 12, 2007

$$$$$

So we are seriously trying to raise money for our trip to Orlando...without using the word Orlando too much. I have 6 teens going with me to International Youth Conference in December...I am so used to just working and having everything paid for because that's how we always did things in Youth Group, but today is alot different. I have a couple of Seniors who are going but don't want to do any work to get there. I guess they just think that their parents will pay for it if they don't have the money. I can't imagine what it would be like to ask my parents for $700 for a trip. And I really can't see my dad giving me that money if he had it.
We had our church's annual fall festival last weekend and did a pie auction and slave auction, we made $1500 so we are 2/7 of the way of raising all of the money. The next fundraiser we are doing is a silent meal auction. We have 10 different meals being made by ladies in the church to auction off, this is the easiest fundraiser for me.
Ok switching gears... We are now under 5 weeks for the arrival of Baby Mya, 32 days and a wakeup. We got pictures taken a couple of days ago, there were some really good ones. Hopefully we will remember to bring them with us at Christmas time. We had an ultrasound done last week, Mya weighed about 4 pounds 8 oz, she is gonna be a big girl.
I think I've rambled enough...
Love Ya

1 comment:

Heather said...

It's crazy how some kids today just expect the hand outs! Hopefully it'll all fall in place for you.

Jamie and I look forward to seeing both of you and you beautiful little girl. I am still wrapping my head around you being a daddy! *smile*

Thanks for the blog updates!