Thursday, September 13, 2007

Youth Group...


Youth Group…the M.O.B. has started off really good this year. We kicked the year off with a 3P night. We had pancakes, pajamas, and pillow fights. There were 31 kids to kick off our youth group…a bunch of sixth graders…I am praying for patience. We had an awesome time, Becky made 6 dozen pancakes, with a few left over. We talked about what Jesus means in our lives, I did popcorn questions to all of my leaders and they did a great job. At the end of the night we did one last pillow fight with everybody. I let the pillow fight go for a couple of minutes before jumping in, when I did Kale yelled, “Everybody against Tim.” I had no chance.
Last night there were only 15 teens, but I was okay with it. Most of our Heartland kids were at home doing homework. The CHS band and choir were at State Fair, so a lot of our kids were gone…but we had 3 new kids come! Which is awesome to me. They were Jr. Highers but that is what our group is quickly becoming. It would be nice if I had some other adults come on board to do crowd control, but hey were ok.
I am working on Fundraising for the International Youth Conference, Set Apart, in December. We have about $750 to raise and it’s hard right now to motivate teens and myself when they are involved in so many school things. I was trying to remember if I still participated in youth group and fundraisers when I was in football and I am pretty sure that I did. I need a lesson in how to motivate teens and parents. We have a meeting Sunday, any ideas you can give would help.
Well, I think I am done for now…Keep Praying for our little Mya!!
Love Ya…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We'll be home (in Georgia) until the 4th...then we will be in Indiana the 4th,5th, 6th. What "home" were you referring to?
Love,
Josh and Brooke

Heather said...

Someone once told me can pray for patience, but you really Need to pay for patience.